A BUCKINGHAM Palace probe into claims Meghan Markle bullied royal aids will never be published – despite it leading to a raft of changes, it’s reported.
The Duchess of Sussex has vehemently denied any form of wrongdoing after the allegations were made shortly before her March 2021 interview with Oprah.
Despite that, the Queen privately paid a private law firm for an inquiry into the claims, the Sunday Times reports.
The results of the probe will never be made public, but instead kept under wraps permanently to protect the privacy of those who took part, the paper reports.
It’s understood Her Majesty also weighed up the tensions between the Sussexes and the Palace when deciding to keep the investigation private.
Courtiers had insisted the inquiry, which was launched in March last year, should “not be played out in the public” to ensure those who took part felt “comfortable”.
However, some participants are reportedly disappointed – and feel the investigation has been “buried”.
And there’s been further upset after those who took part weren’t informed that the inquiry has come to an end or told of the outcome, it’s said.
Royal insiders had alleged Meghan caused “real stress and trauma” because of the way she dealt with her staff.
She was accused of bullying in an email from her former press secretary, which was sent in October 2018 and later leaked to The Times.
In the missive, Jason Knauf said he was “very concerned” that Meghan “was able to bully two PAs out of the household”.
He described her alleged behavior as “totally unacceptable”, adding that “the Duchess seems intent on always having someone in her sights [and] I remain concerned that nothing will be done.”
A pair of senior staff members came forward early last year claiming they had been bullied by Meghan.
And another former aid complained that they had been personally “humiliated” by the duchess.
It then emerged that William had reportedly “gone ballistic” when he heard the claims, and had a row with his brother that led to Harry slamming down the phone on him.
‘STRESS AND TRAUMA’
Meghan’s reps quickly moved to quash the claims, suggesting she was a victim of a “smear campaign” by aides.
Her lawyer later appeared on an episode of the BBC’s controversial documentary The Princes And The Press to speak out about the incident.
Asked if Meghan was a bully, Jenny Afia, of firm Schillings, replied: “Absolutely not.”
But after the claims came to light, the Palace announced it would launch an investigation, warning it would “not tolerate any bullying and harassment” and was “very concerned by the allegations”.
The probe has been wrapped in a shroud of secrecy ever since.
It’s now claimed that changes to the royal household’s HR policies as a result of the inquiry were expected to be published in the annual Sovereign Grant Report later this month.
The report details the use of the annual payment by the Government to the Queen to fund the royal family’s official duties, and includes royal staffing.
But it’s understood Buckingham Palace no longer plans to make any public statement on the inquiry, or even publicly acknowledge the subsequent changes to its HR policies.
One royal source told the paper last tear: “The actual worst incidences haven’t come out. There are some harrowing stories to tell.”
Meghan’s former PA, Melissa Touabti, was involved in the exploration, it’s believed.
She left Kensington Palace six months after Harry and Meghan’s wedding, reportedly “traumatised” by her experience.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not invited to participate in the inquiry.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment